Effective Monday, December 10, 2018, all files that are currently sent to the RDS Center via Connect:Direct must be sent to a new IP address and port. This change only impacts Vendors that submit data to the RDS Center via Connect:Direct and does not affect Vendors that submit data using the RDS Secure Website.
The only change to the current configuration will be the IP address and port to which data is sent and received. The identical IP address will be used for both sending files from the Vendor organization to the RDS Center and for files sent by the RDS Center back to the Vendor organization. There will be no changes to the node name, user name and password, file naming convention, or file formats.
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2018, all RDS Vendors submitting files to CMS' RDS Center via Connect:Direct should BEGIN USING THE NEW FILE LOCATION for production retiree and cost files.
IF YOU HAVE NOT YET TESTED your connection to the new file location, CONTACT CMS' RDS CENTER IMMEDIATELY. Updated IP address information and reminders have been communicated to vendor technical contacts over the past several months. If this information needs to be resent, email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- June 6, 2018 - File location change announced: Notice to Connect:Direct Submitters: Upcoming File Location Change
- September 24, 2018 – New IP address and port information communicated to Vendor technical contacts via email.
- October 1, 2018 – Notice sent to vendor technical contacts via email that CMS’ RDS Center is ready to accept test files.
- October 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018 – Testing with RDS Vendors.
- November 30, 2018 – ALL VENDOR CONNECTIONS MUST BE TESTED.
- December 10, 2018 – Production Implementation. All RDS Vendors submitting files to CMS' RDS Center via Connect:Direct should begin using the new file location for production retiree and cost files.