To avoid missed Reconciliation Deadlines and delayed subsidy payments, ensure that your RDS user accounts and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) are active and that you are able to access the RDS Secure Website today! Please encourage all users assigned to your RDS application(s) to log in to the Secure Website as soon as possible, and well in advance of your deadline date.
Do not wait until the last minute! When a user enters Login information incorrectly (i.e., invalid Login ID, Password, and/or MFA token), CMS’ RDS Center is prohibited by Federal Security Regulations to identify which login requirements were entered incorrectly. If your user account becomes locked after three consecutive failed login attempts, you will be forced to change your password.
**UPDATED 1/25/24** New Password Policy Reminder: Passwords can be changed five (5) times in a 24-hour period. If a user changes their password the maximum five (5) times and then locks their account again on the same day, the user cannot change their password to unlock their account until 24 hours have passed. CMS' RDS Center cannot unlock user accounts.
CMS’ RDS Center recommends resetting MFA for your mobile device before attempting to log in with a new password and before using all three of your login attempts. CMS’ RDS Center cannot circumvent the Federal Security Regulations enforcing password requirements.
Due to these security restrictions, the 24 hours IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING a deadline can be very difficult to obtain remediation regarding account login issues, potentially resulting in a missed deadline and possible loss of subsidy.
If you need help accessing your account, refer to these helpful links:
- MFA Reset Instructions: Use this link if your MFA is not working.
- MFA Reset Quick Start Guide: Use this link to view a one-page process diagram illustrating how to reset MFA.
- Request a One-Time Token Instructions: Use this link if your MFA is not working, you are unable to reset MFA, and you need immediate access to the RDS Secure Website. Note: One-Time Tokens can be used for login a MAXIMUM of three consecutive times.
- Forgot Password: Use this link if you cannot remember your password and need to reset it.
- Change Password If Account Is Locked: Use this link if you entered your login information incorrectly three consecutive times and have been locked out.
- Enable Your User Account: Use this link if you haven’t logged in for 180 days and are disabled.
- Request Forgotten Login ID: Use this link if you cannot remember your Login ID.
- Verify Email Address: Use this link if CMS' RDS Center has detected an issue with your email address and you need to confirm or change it.
CMS' RDS Center's official means of communication to the Plan Sponsor is through email; the RDS Center does not provide telephonic support. If you need assistance logging into the RDS Secure Website, contact CMS’ RDS Center for support. Do not include any Protected Health Information (PHI), as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in the email or Support Request, such as User ID, Password, MBI, SSN, DOB, etc. As a reminder, the CMS’ RDS Center discontinued its Call Center in 2015.